Sunday, January 1, 2012

Photography Challenge: Day One

So I chose a thirty-day challenge. I had three picked out and decided I would pick which one to do based on the first day's challenge. One was high heels. I didn't really feel much motivation for that one. The other two were both self-portraits. Ugh. I hate self-portraits. Or at least trying to do them. I am no good at tripod photography.

But then I remembered I had a big mirror in the bathroom I had recently painted and decided to attempt a mirror portrait rather than getting out the tripod. I took them in black and white just to see the effect. Here are my results!






I love the second and third one because it is me uncorrected. I have weird movements with my hands, arms, and face in my everyday life. I only notice when I see myself on video. I wish I had straightened up the camera on the third one, but I decided to still add it because that is how I hold my fingers when I am not thinking about it. I honestly hate this aspect of myself, but I like that it shows me how really look. Me and my younger sister agree that Emma Roberts has the same problem. Weird mouth movements when she talks, weird ways of holding her hands...maybe it's a skinny girl thing? God made my movements a bit odd, and I can't change it! Might as well embrace it.

No comments:

Post a Comment